Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

My Initial Post

Here's a bit of irony for you: I have been working with websites since my pre high school days, I do it professionally and have been since graduating from college, I have helped many friends, and even more strangers, with getting a website live or debugging and fixing one that already existed, and this is my first time posting to a personal blog. But isn't that how it always goes? After all, isn't the mechanic's car always the one still in need of fixing?

Well, I broke down today and finally decided to jump into a temporary position. The idea is the same, and has been from the start, but the design, form, layout, is all something already existing. That's not how I like to do things, and is definitely not the way to approach it if you want to be different and stand out, but it's a start. And the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one: I have a problem getting my own website finished!


In the meantime, while I continue to try to finalize a personal design and work out the actual color scheme for the thing, hopefully with some helpful and very creative friends and colleagues, I have put together this quick-and-dirty blog to help clear my brain some and finally dump some of these ideas swirling around in it onto... well... it's not really paper, but whatever.

I program with .NET on a daily basis. I interact with web page UIs and write front-end components to make things look like the picture they gave me. I take pride in coming up with JavaScript scripts, jQuery plug-ins, creative CSS tricks, and re-usable .NET code. I have just been trying to put together a place to make these, and some thoughts about them, available to the public, though it's probably going to be found by my friends, colleagues, and fellow developer community members more than anyone.

Whatever code, tips, or tricks I post on here, feel free to use or expand at your leisure. I try to give credit where credit is due for things I find around, so if you find something extremely useful and build off it, toss a cookie my way. Not the HTTP kind, but a white-chocolate macadamia nut, or a homemade peanut butter, please. And, hell, I am not perfect, nor do I know everything (shocking to some that I admit that) so please feel free to help me learn where there is room for it. And as far as I know, there is always room for it (I didn't eat of the tree of knowledge.)

In the meantime, in between raising a family, working full-time, taking care of the daily chores, etc... I am going to try to finish my darn site to give these ideas a proper home. There is definitely some feeling of stress-relief just having this up, but it's just not a proper home. Heck, I don't even have my own domain name yet!

But it's all coming...
Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts or ask questions...